S&B Automotive was established in it's Hurlstone Park location for over 60 years. Family owned and run, it was founded by Stephen’s grandfather in 1949 and can trace its motorsport roots back to 1947 and Australia’s famous Bathurst racetrack. Stephen continued the motorsport tradition with his work preparing and pit crew for Formula Fords in the 70’s, and still builds and races within the NSW MX-5 Cup.
In 2018 the workshop was moved to Minto, in order to provide a larger space, where the team could grow and continue to provide the outstanding service Stevens and Brennan has always been known for.
Stephen recognised early how important it is to keep up with technology and trends, which is why SB Automotive is one of the most technologically advanced independent workshops in Sydney. The latest wheel alignment tech takes pride of place, and scan tools for all makes and models mean that the team can take on any job that rolls in the front door. We Offer:
- Log Book Servicing
- Wheel Alignment (Custom or Manufacturer specs)
- All Mechanical Repairs
- All Electrical Repairs
- Engine Building (Race or Street applications)
- Custom Injection and Ignition systems
- Custom ECU installation & tuning
- Race Car Preparation
- Race Car Design Building Services
- Integrated Engine Management System Diagnostics
- Turbo/Supercharger Conversions
The SB Auto team has extensive experience in the MX-5 world, successfully running their turbo NA racecar for many years. They can supply parts (including hard to get parts not listed on the website), Install turbo & supercharger kits as well as design + install a huge range of custom solutions for your race or street car. A true one-stop-shop for your MX-5, We can guide from idea right through to engineering certification and completion. We can also perform all of these services on any vehicle type. We commonly work on performance vehicles of all types including all JDM & European models.
The S&B Team consists of Stephen, Joe and Curran, supported by two full time mechanics. Together they have delivered a plethora of custom street and race builds including the SB Auto Mustang and the Speed Nation Project Racer.
S&B Auto currently holds rights for:
- Australian Distributors for Bell Engineering (Now Bell Tuning & Performance) USA
- Australian Importer for GYS Battery Chargers
- Retailer of MTA European Power Distribution Products
- Authorised Retailer & Installer for Haltech
- Authorised Retailer & Installer for Motec
Check out the Blog for the latest updates!